Sunday, September 17, 2006

The drugs that bakers do

After having kept my pie intake on a minimum for a good while, I fell of the wagon and purchased a chocolate pie the other day. Though while consuming the first piece of it, I realized I wasn’t the only one battling with addictions.

The first bite was good as always, then some confusing tones hit my taste buds, scents of vanilla and a savoury sweetness that normally isn’t found in a chocolate pie, together with a soft jelly-like consistency puzzled me, until I took another bite and a good look at the pie!

The mystery then slowly materialized and I found that the pie was a hybrid of a chocolate pie and an apple pie. The normal chocolate pie that I normal get (and as I had bought earlier that day), with a layer of apples and apple jam beneath the chocolate and butter-based crème, quite a surprise.

It didn’t taste bad, the 2 elements did actually compliment each other quite well, when I first had tackled the thought of it, even though I am pretty sure it wasn’t the intended idea the good baker had when he made chocolate and apple pies that day, somewhere in his drugged up mind the yellowish apples and the brownish chocolate just got mixed up and all pies ended up as hybrids of chocolate and apple… and people say nothing good comes out of drugs!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good in an odd way